Eww! How many times have we all had this issue with some of these pieces? Whether it be our own, or pieces we find while thrifting. I love corningware, pyrex. Items last forever is well maintained. But, them darn stubborn stains do collect over time, or if not properly cleaned after use they will build too.
So, quite a while ago I had been blog roaming, and did see instructions that were being shared by another blogger for cleaning corningware. So, these instructions are not from me, but I am passing them on from what I had found.
Rubber Gloves, Newspaper, Oven Cleaner, Trash Bag, Dish Pan, 1/4 c. white
vinegar, 1 tsp. hand dishwashing soap, dish scrubber, kitchen towel
Got all the supplies now? Ok, here goes for the cleaning now.
1) Wear gloves - open windows in kitchen to keep fresh air, or turn on the ventilation fan
2) Set corningware on the newspaper. Coat the corningware with the oven cleaner. Then place item into the trash bag, and seal the bag.
3) Leave the sealed corningware over night. The oven cleaner will break down, and loosens the stains during this time. Makes it easier to remove.
4) Next day take the bag outdoors. Remove the item from the bag, and set in a dish pan of hot water.
5) Add the 1/4 c. of white vinegar and the 1 tsp. of dish soap to the water. Scrub the corningware with the dish scrubber to remove the stains loosened by the oven cleaner.
6) Rinse the corningware well with some plain water. Make sure to remove ALL chemicals, and then dry with a clean kitchen towel.
There you have some easy instructions for cleaning some of the stubborn corningware pieces that need a little help. Good luck with this, and I wish you well with your cleaning. If you have any other methods that you have found to work for such a cleaning, please share with us here. Always happy to hear from everyone, and love learning more.
Thanks for visiting with LilacsNDreams. Wishing you all a great day, and be safe. Visit us here again soon.