Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Buying Searching Junking and Preparing For ReSelling

Buying Searching Junking and Preparing For Reselling.

Hello, and Welcome to LilacsNDreams! I was curious about something. Once treasures found are brought home with you, what do you do next? I am sure we all have different ways of doing things, and we all do what we feel to be best for our sales.  Of course the wonderful decisions of are we keeping it, or will we sell it?...LOL:)

I love shopping Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, Auctions, Estate Sales, Flea Markets, and Yes! Junking too! Once I get items home I set all the pieces out, and I make my notes of the items bought, where bought from, dates bought, and prices I paid for things too. Then...comes the fun part. Gently washing, and cleaning all the items to the best of my abilities. I always worry about damaging things so I am careful with all pieces, do them one by one, and take my time with them. Since they are pieces that will be resold as is, or used in repurposing I still thoroughly look all the pieces over carefully. During this time I will note any faults, knicks, markings and stamps of brands, and so on. Once I have completed this I will then get out my notebook, and start my research on pieces to see how many others are also being offered. I like to get an idea of average sale prices that are offered, and what they have sold for as well. Some of these treasures may also be researched with different books to learn some of their history, and values for in today's market too.

Doesn't seem like much of a procedure with this step of preparations, but it can be time consuming. I enjoy it as I learn the pieces, and connect with them by better viewing them in a different way from their purchase. 

Hey, if you have something to add with this, or would like to share something please know that you are welcome to do so. Just hit the old comment button below, and share with us all. Love hearing from all of you, and I even enjoy seeing ya'll say Hi to me too!:)

Thanks so much for visiting with LilacsNDreams! Take care, and see you all again soon!:)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...