Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Google Friend Connect and Linky Followers

Google Friend Connect and Linky Followers. Welcome back to LilacsNDreams! I promise I won't keep you all long with this posting. But, I got an email that was informing me with all the changes of Google that the Google Friend Connect would soon be phased out as well. Has anyone else heard of this? I know Google is making changes....like with picnik closing, and a few of their other programs they have. I never did get a full list of what other programs they will be closing, so was questioning about the Google Friend Connect. IF that is true, and that is another program that Google will be ridding of.....those people in your Google Friend Connect will be lost. There is no way for you to transfer them over to another service. Unless they come up with something to help out, there will be no way to transfer your friends to another program that you might wish to use. 


So, in the right hand column, right below the Google Friends Connect that I have you will see another box that friends can connect with, and follow with too. That one is called Linky Followers. It is Free, and Linky does get used with quite a few blogs I have noticed too. For those who have already signed with Google Friend Connect, if you will be so kind as to sign in with the Linky Followers I would appreciate it. Just in case there is some truth to this issue I would rather be safe, then sorry. If for some reason, or other it does not happen I will remove the secondary box. Until then I will keep both boxes for signing up to follow with until I can get confirmation for such actions.


Thanks for visiting LilacsNDreams, and working with me everyone, I appreciate it. Take care, and have a great week!:) See ya later.........




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...