Thursday, November 17, 2011

Repurposing Your Favorite Treasures For Home and For Selling

Repurposing Your Favorite Treasures For the Home and For Selling too. 


Hello, and Welcome to LilacsNDreams! Always happy to have you visiting with me! There are many things that many of us do with crafting items. Some of us make completely handmade, some of us use items and alter them, we paint, we glue, we cut, we design, and a little bit of everything comes together for us who like to do this. All of these treasures are made with love, thought, and are not mass produced. One-of-a-kind pieces that are special in many ways. I enjoy, and think it is fun to see creativity, and the excellence of so many very talented people. I am in awe with so many things I see on the internet, through different market places, and am intrigued by all of it too. 

So, What are some of your favorite things to craft? What are some of your favorite things to use, and craft with? Do you just work with one area, or are your interests spread with many things? I myself enjoy repurposing pieces of different things I find. I love glassware, and enjoy using some of that to work with. I enjoy the different plates I find, the colors, the designs, and enjoy putting these pieces together to make one-of-a-kind treasures for others to enjoy. Many of the pieces I find are lonely pieces, some are pieces from broken sets that did not sell in one of my online stores, many are gently used pieces, some are vintage pieces, some of the pieces might have a slight flaw with them, but are still very usable too.  I find my pieces with thrift stores, good wills, junking, yard sales, and just about anywhere that someone has something to offer.

There is so much out there I want to do, want to work with, and try to create. Right now I am in a rut of making cake plate stands, candle holders, jewelry holders, candy dishes, soap dishes, catch alls, and pieces that fit with many home decors. I enjoy making these pieces because they are versatile, and have many uses. 

I adore cloches, and have made a couple of them myself. My 1st piece was ok, but I enjoy the second piece I made from a glass vase, and hope to get it offered into my Artfire store this weekend too. I have about 4 cheese plate cloches here that I have painted the wood bases...all a different color. They are dried, one I will add a candle holder to it painted the same color to raise it, make it a pedestal for it. Then, on couple of them I want to add some tea or coffee stained music paper to the inside of the bases. Found myself doing too much at once:) I have 4 different sized wooden pedestal bowls that are all painted, and I am working on getting those offered in my Artfire store too. Although....one I might keep for me....LOL:) 

I have another piece that was a kitchen utensil of sorts. I have it primed, and painted, and here it sits. A doilie I thought would work great with it....I want this piece to be a wall hanging.....but the doilie was not as I had planned on with this piece. So, I have to look through some of my inventory at home here to find another one, find some paper to mod podge with it, maybe add some lace, buttons, and you know....something like that.  When the mood hits right, and I get inspired is when it will be completed. I have some pieces for yet some others projects I have in mind...should be fun! But, I first want to complete what few pieces I have here now before I become overwhelmed with all of it.

Anyway, I am sooo enjoying this, and find myself at peace when working on different things too. I enjoy painting the smaller things, gluing, light sanding, putting things together, and just a little bit of everything. I enjoy seeing the work of others, and learning from many who have shared things along the way too. But, enough of me now. What do you like to do? What are some of your favorite things you have made, repurposed, altered, and so on? Would love to see what others have been up to. Please share with all of us when you have the chance:)

Hope everyone has a great weekend.....Tomorrow is Friday already! Where did this week go? Take care, and Happy Crafting everyone!:) See you the next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...