Thursday, August 11, 2011

Online Sales Summertime Slow or None

Online Sales Summertime Sales Slow or None
Welcome to LilacsNDreams, and glad to have you visiting!:) For those who do sales whether online, or in a brick and mortar store have noticed sales being slow, or for some they have not really had any sales to speak of. When this happens, many of us will question ourselves about what are we doing wrong, do I need to change something, is there more I could do, and so on.

In all reality sales during the summer generally are slower for many. Depends on what you are selling, supply and demand, etc. Many people, and families during the summer spend time vacationing, traveling, spending more time with family and friends, and their focus is not with buying too much of anything. Sure, they will buy when they are traveling, visiting out of town, and vacationing for different little things. The majority of their time is not spending all their time online buying, but maybe emailing, researching with travel plans, some take the summer to prepare for winter months themselves, and things like that. 


Me? Selling vintage has usually been slow for me during the summer time which I have adjusted to. I have adapted with the sales being very slow, or if any at all. This summer plans worked out for me being slower during this time. I have taken the opportunity to work more with my blog, spend some time with my website, researching some things I wanted to do with a few changes I wanted to make, and taking the time to repurpose different items. I have also been able to go through some of my inventory, review what has been selling and not selling, and making decisions of trying to keep selling what has not sold, or to let it go. 

With some of the pieces I have tried to sell with more than one venue, and they have not sold. I do not desire to donate them, or give them away. So, some of them are being repurposed also. Not all of them, but some pieces. I have also been able to experiment a little bit with like the glue I choose to use, and if it will work for me. I have been working on painting just a few things, not all I had planned on, but some of them. Do I spray paint, or do I brush it? I have also been able to take a little time to go thrifting for different pieces knowing more of what will sell for me, and also as I walk around seeing if I reimagine any of the pieces in other ways. It has been an enjoyable summer doing a little bit here, and a little bit there.  Learning, reading, and making them notes too!:)


Upon checking with some of my other pages in the tabs above you will see a little bit of what I have been doing. What I have found thrifting, what I have repurposed, before and after pictures, and just some chit chat too:) If you will view the Thrift Store Junkies page, and Second Time Treasures page you will be able to see a little bit of what I have been doing. Also, if you see my Artfire Store you will see more of the vintage there, a few pieces of repurposed, and the other inventory I have been working with I will soon be adding to that store. 


So, if you are getting the summer time blues with your sales, are worried about having slow sales, or no sales, don't be too worried. Summer time is generally slower for many as they look back through things, and discover that is generally a slower time that has been dealt with. Now.....the season will soon change with vacations over with, traveling becoming minimal, and with school starting. School for the little ones, those in middle schools, high schools, and college too. Things calm a little after that, and people will be spending more time with the computers, and doing some of their favorite online shopping again too.

Hang in there everyone, things will soon get better!:) Thanks for visiting with LilacsNDreams, and hope you enjoyed your visit as always. Take care, and see you again!:)

2 comments:

  1. Summer sales have been pretty slow for me too, so I've taken the opportunity to experiment a bit more with new designs, reshoot older photos and beef up by SEO in my item titles and descriptions.

    That way, when things start to pick up again, I'll be ready. Or as ready as I can be.

    :-)

    Kristy
    ShinyAdornments Handmade Jewelry
    Simply Shiny Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find that sales go up and down for no apparent reason. If we had the answer then we all might be rich. We just keep trying and hang on until they go up again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...